Estate Vineyard and Winery in Upperville, Virginia
The Slater Run Vineyards wines can be tasted and purchased year round in the Village of Upperville at the Slater Run Vineyards Tasting Room, located at 9030 John S Mosby Highway, Upperville, VA 20184. The tasting room is open from 12-7pm Thursday-Saturday & 12-5pm on Sunday.
The Slater Run Vineyards winery & production facility is open the first weekend of the month from May through October: May 6-7, June 3-4, July 1-2, August 5-6, September 2-3, October 7-8 from 12-6 pm.
Join our mailing list by clicking on the button above to learn about special tasting events and opportunities with Slater Run Vineyards Tasting Room & Slater Run Vineyards Winery & production facility.
This fresh, crisp Pinot Gris estate wine is fermented and aged entirely in stainless steel after hand-harvesting and sorting in the vineyard. This Pinot Gris tastes of lemon – citrus – pear – apple – with a hint of minerality. Pairs well with lighter dishes, like seafood and chicken.
This Chardonnay, made from 100% estate grown grapes, started alcoholic fermentation in a stainless steel tank. Toward the middle of fermentation, 80% of the juice was transferred into French burgundy barrels to finish the fermentation, while the other 20% remained in stainless. This Chardonnay has some creaminess to it but also a fresh crispness. Pairs well with rich dishes, cream sauces, salmon, pasta and many types of cheeses. Winner of a Silver Medal at the 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition & a Silver Medal at the 2016 International Women's Wine Competition
This Rosé blend, consisting of 76% Cabernet Franc & 24% Cabernet Sauvignon, was made with both the direct pressing method (60%) and bleeding method (40%). Fermented and aged entirely in stainless steel, this Rosé is crisp and fresh with a long floral nose. Named Best Virginia Rosé at the Virginia State Fair & awarded a Silver Medal at the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition.
After 2 days of cold maceration, the alcoholic fermentation was started and occurred around 75 degrees F to keep a fruity style and to not extract harsh tannins. This wine was then aged for 8 months partially in French oak barrels and partially in stainless steel tanks. Ruby red color with fresh fruit aromas, this medium-body wine pairs well with lighter meats, poultry, pork, barbecue, salads, pastas and fresh or hard cheeses. Winner of a Gold Medal at the 2016 International Women's Wine Competition, a Silver Medal at the 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition, a Silver Medal at the 2016 Finger Lakes International Wine Competition & a Silver Medal at the 2017 Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition.
This Bordeaux style red wine was aged for 18 months in French oak barrels and is a blend of 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Cabernet Franc, 18% Petit Verdot, and 16% Merlot. The label includes a photograph from the 1940s of Thomas Glascock Slater, Kiernan's grandfather, jumping a stone wall on horseback on an Upperville farm. The wine is named "Roots" in recognition of Kiernan's family's nearly 300 year tradition of farming along Goose Creek in Upperville. Awarded 92 Points & a Gold Medal at the 2017 San Francisco International Wine Competition & winner of a Gold Medal at the Virginia State Fair.
This Bordeaux style red wine was aged for 16 months in French oak barrels and is a blend of 38% Cabernet Franc, 32 % Merlot, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 2% Petit Verdot. The label includes a photograph taken by family relative Fletcher Slater of the first bridge that you cross over Goose Creek when traveling from our farm to Rectortown Road, where the livestock depot was historically located. The bridge was built in 1919 by four private citizens in the place of a ford where cattle were required to cross the river. One of the builders was Thomas Glascock Slater. Winner of a Gold Medal at the 2017 Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition & a Silver Medal at the 2017 San Francisco International Wine Competition.